I’m a peanut butter nut -- All I want when I get home is that tasty, salty rhizome. PBJ for lunch, A cookie with my tea; Smooth and creamy, Coarse ‘n’ crunchy, Peanuts do it all for me.
- ¾ cup extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ½ stick Crisco Baking Sticks butter flavored All Vegetable shortening
- 1 ¼ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups All purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat on medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Add egg, beating until blended. Combine flour, baking soda & salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed, mixing just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheet. Flatten slightly in a crisscross pattern with tines of fork. Bake 7-8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 3 dozen Enjoy!